MorningStar Farms® Black Bean Burger Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa and Plantain Chips
- Mango Salsa
- 3 ea. Ripe mango, diced
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 ea. Medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ea. Small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- to taste Kosher salt
- as needed Neutral oil
- 8 ea. MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger patty
- 1 head (at least 8 leaves) Bibb lettuce
- as needed Mango Salsa
- 1 oz. Plantain chips, broken
Recipe DirectionsFor the Mango Salsa:
1. In a serving bowl, mash or purée ¼ cup of the diced mango.
2. Whisk the lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and chili powder into the purée and set aside.
3. Combine the remaining diced mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Using a large spoon, toss the ingredients with the mango/lime purée.
4. Season to taste with salt and stir again. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer before serving.
For the Spicy Black Bean Patty:
1. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Add burger patty and cook until caramelized, flip patty to caramelize the other side, about 7-8 minutes total or cook according to package directions.
1. Cut the patties in strips and place in the lettuce cups, one patty per cup.
2. Spoon about 3 Tbs. of salsa on to the patties.
3. Top with about two plantain chips.