Original Molly’s Incogmeato® Breakfast Sausage Sandwich
with a hash brown, griddle onions, American cheese, and ketchup on an English muffin
Incogmeato® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- as needed for frying Oil
- 1 ea. Hash brown patty frozen
- as needed Kosher salt
- 1 ea. Incogmeato™ breakfast sausage patty
- 1 Tbs. Caramelized onions, minced
- 1 slice American cheese (or sub vegan cheese)
- 1 Tbs. Room-temp unsalted butter (or neutral oil)
- 1 tsp. Neutral oil
- 1 ea. English muffin, split (or sub vegan English muffin)
- 1-2 tsp. Ketchup
Recipe DirectionsTo prepare hash brown:
1. Heat deep fryer to 350° F, or heat about 3 inches of oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat until it registers 350° F on a deep-fry or candy thermometer.
2. Prepare a resting rack on a sheet tray to place the hash brown on it when hash brown is done frying.
3. Fry the hash brown, flipping once with tongs halfway through, until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
4. Use tongs to transfer it to the rack, season liberally on both sides with salt.
To cook the patty:
1. Preheat and prep the griddle to medium heat.
2. Cook the patty on the griddle for 9-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. During the last minute or two of cooking, top the breakfast patty with caramelized onions and a slice of American cheese, and let cook until cheese is fully melted.
OPTION: Add a splash of water to the pan or griddle and cover the patty to create steam to melt the cheese faster.
To toast the English muffin:
1. Swipe a little butter (or neutral oil, or nothing) on both cut sides and toast, cut side down, in a pan over medium heat or on a griddle until toasty brown, about 2 minutes.
To assemble the sandwich:
1. Apply ketchup to both halves of the English muffin.
2. Place the hash brown onto the bottom half of the muffin, top with the cheesy patty and the top half of the muffin.